Based on the original work of Joseph Pilates and further developed by physiotherapists, Clinical Pilates is a low impact, dynamic method of exercise focusing on breathing, control and core stability.
Regular Pilates exercise has been shown to:
- improve core stability
- improve balance
- improve sport performance
- lessen back pain and enhance a stronger, more flexible spine
- increase overall tone, endurance and fitness
- assist with relaxation and breathing efficiency
- improve concentration, coordination and posture
- provide rehabilitation and prevention from injury
- aid in the recovery of muscles following pregnancy
- assist in developing flatter and firmer abdominal muscles
To begin, an initial one on one assessment is required utilising real time ultrasound imaging of the deep trunk muscles. This assessment allows us to tailor a very specific and individualised program, specific to your needs.
Led only by trained, experienced physiotherapists, our Pilates classes are small and personalised to ensure individual attention during each session. Individual and duo sessions are also available. Class duration is 45 minutes. Please wear something that allows freedom of movement and bring along a pair of socks. Pilates socks can be purchased at reception. Bookings are essential.
Our fully equipped Pilates studios and rehab gyms at Norwood and Cumberland Park provide clients with first rate facilities. Classes are generally covered by private health insurance.
Pilates is suitable for people of all ages, fitness levels and body types.